To help those of us who fall asleep reading legal documents, we have summarized the Riide Maintenance Service here.
The Riide Maintenance Service is designed to keep you riiding 100% by covering basic routine maintenance. This may include:
- brake adjustments
- changing flat tires
- wheel truing
- chain tensioning
- tire inflation
- chain lubrication
- adjusting and tensioning of headset and other bolts
- installation of accessories purchased through Riide
- assessments, recommendations, and diagnostics
The Riide Maintenance does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Mis-use, abuse, or neglect
- Damage from accident or collision
- Broken or damaged parts for any other reason
- Replacement tubes and tires
- Replacement brake pads
Every new Riide bike comes with a 2 year warranty which covers manufacturer's defects and any issues with electrical components. It is detailed in the Owner's Manual here.
Here is the language taken directly from the most recent version of the RiidePass Lease to Own Agreement which explains in legal terms the maintenance program.
- RIIDE MAINTENANCE SERVICE. So long as Lessee is not in default under this Agreement and this Agreement has not expired or sooner terminated, Lessee shall have the right to bring the RIIDE BIKE to the RIIDE maintenance locations as may be posted on Lessor’s website (such locations, individually and collectively, the “RIIDE Maintenance Location”) for basic routine maintenance services associated with normal wear and tear to the RIIDE BIKE (which specifically excludes wear and tear of RIIDE BIKE components such as rotors, brake pads, etc.), that may include flat tires, wheel truing, brake adjustment, chain tensioning, pump tires, lubrication, wipe down, free assessments, adjusting and tightening of headset and other bolts, at no cost to Lessee (such service, the “Unlimited RIIDE Maintenance Service”); provided, however, (i) Lessor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the scope of coverage for the Unlimited RIIDE Maintenance Service from time to time (including, but not limited to, to exclude certain maintenance and repair items from such coverage), with any changes to such scope of coverage to be posted by Lessor on its website (in which event, such excluded maintenance and repair items may be made available by Lessor for purchase from Lessor at Lessor’s then existing rates therefor); and (ii) the Unlimited RIIDE Maintenance Service shall not include any repair or replacement of any damage or casualty suffered by the RIIDE BIKE, including, but not limited to, damage arising from or in connection with Lessee’s misuse, abuse, theft of components and/or negligence, acts or omissions of third parties (including Lessee’s invitees or permittees), casualty or the elements. For the avoidance of doubt, the foregoing complementary Unlimited RIIDE Maintenance Service shall be available only at the RIIDE Maintenance Location and shall terminate upon the expiration or sooner termination of this Agreement. Upon the expiration or sooner termination of this Agreement, the Unlimited RIIDE Maintenance Service shall be available for purchase from Lessor at Lessor’s then existing rates therefor. In addition, repairs and replacements of RIIDE BIKE components (e.g., rotors, bike pads, etc.) due to wear and tear may be available at the RIIDE Maintenance Location for purchase from Lessor at Lessor’s then existing rates therefor. Lessor retains the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any existing RIIDE Maintenance Location available for the Unlimited RIIDE Maintenance Service or to add additional maintenance locations that will be available for the Unlimited RIIDE Maintenance Service. Any such additional maintenance locations or removals will be posted on Lessor’s website.
And finally, here is a link to the most recent Lease Agreement.